Sub-Specialty Ophthalmologists pursue additional training and ultra-specialized focus with a particular part of the eye or with certain eye diseases. Apex Eye includes Subspecialists in Cornea, Glaucoma, Retina and Oculoplastics.
Cornea, Laser Vision Correction, External Eye Disease Specialist
- The latest in corneal transplantation techniques, including DSAEK partial thickness corneal transplantation;
- Laser correction of myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism with blade-free LASIK or PRK surface ablation; and
- Medical and surgical treatment of Keratoconus, Fuchs dystrophy, Pterygium, recurrent erosion syndrome, and corneal infections.
- Management of advanced, severe, unusual or complicated cases of glaucoma;
- Advanced imaging and perimetry examinations;
- Full spectrum of glaucoma treatments, including innovative medical techniques, laser therapy, and microsurgery (MIGS).
Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon (Oculoplastic Surgeon)
- Reconstructive surgery;
- Tightening of the eyelid and adjacent muscles;
- Correction of eyelid position abnormalities;
- Repair of the tear system; and
- Rebuilding of critical structure around the eye
- Botox, Dysport and facial fillers.
- Diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration management;
- Retinal detachment repair;
- Posterior segment inflammation and trauma treatment;
- Vitreoretinal disease management and surgery;
- Small-incision, sutureless vitrectomy;
- High definition OCT, fluorescein angiography, and fundus angiography; and
- Peripheral and focal laser therapy.